:: i WaLk yOu FoLLoW, ok? ::

:: PeJaM cELiK, pEjAm CeLiK ;;

:: i post it, you click it, yeah!!! ::

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

.: Truly awesome adventures :.

Journey to the very tip of North Island was amazing. but 4 now I dare to say that was the scariest thing I've done in my entire life. I dont feel like going there anymore. Hmm.. Cape Reinga is such a wonderful place. It is a point where 2 oceans meet. Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean appear very different although both stay at same place. What a creation from Allah Almighty!!


My trip from Bay of Island to Cape Reinga began early in the morning. I remember it was raining on that day. Me and Grace went by Awesome Adventures NZ Bus. What I love about that trip was the driver told us many interesting stories, word by word and I could understand everything. On the way to Cape Reinga, we stopped at the ancient Kauri Forest (Kauri ni macam pokok balak la.. sangat2 besar). I was amazed by the size of the Kauri tree and this forest is still exist dari mula NZ wujud. Unfortunely, because of illegal logging and human settlement only 15-20% of the forest remain now. one of the famous quote from Maori people is "Our land is for our grand grandchildren, not for our son".. That was the spirit of Maori ancestor to the land and nature who they believe this land gives them everything. and because of their protectiveness, this ancient Kauri Forest is still exist.
Arriving Cape Reinga, around lunch time.. we were told that after the morning tea stop, there were no shop or stop for about 4 hours. huhu.. The highlight at Cape Reinga is the light house where is the very end of the North Island of NZ. so we had to walk from the car park to the light house. Gosh.. it was raining and super duper windy!!! I swear.. super duper windy!!! I couldn't tell how strong it is. We had to hold every single poll, step by step. Even one tall and big guy hold the poll in order to reach the end. This is why I feel this is the ultimate scariest experience for me. I could die because of the strong wind, throwing me away to the Pacific Ocean.

Calm Pacific Ocean~

Fierce Tasman Sea~

The strong wind came from the Tasman Sea. It was so rough, wavy and the water is light blue. It is very different from the Pacific Ocean which was so calm and darker in colour. We were trying so hard to take photos here, considering we won't come again in the future. :P But we survived!!
Only 2 left!!


We were here for 2hours. And on the way back, here is another adventure. I was aware that we are going to go along the 90miles beach. Every single people must have a clear picture of what is a beach. But I was wrong this time. 90miles beach is not a beach. It is an open shore all along Tasman Sea. Huh... Are you for real? It was a very long drive and sooooo scary. At least it is, for me!!

IT IS NOT OPEN TO ANY VEHICLES, ONLY REGISTERED BUS!! NO CARAVAN !! NO 4X DRIVE!!


All along the 90 miles beach

10minutes stop @ 90 miles beach



Very huge sand dunes. and guess what, u can try sand boarding~~
I felt like i was at a very windy and cold desert..

I guess we chose the right company.. It was truly an awesome adventure for me. A day trip to Cape reinga really once in a life time experience!! It was quite a journey to remember !~~

~sweetlittlesunshine~

0 comments: