:: i WaLk yOu FoLLoW, ok? ::

:: PeJaM cELiK, pEjAm CeLiK ;;

:: i post it, you click it, yeah!!! ::

Monday, November 26, 2007

knock..knock..knock..housekeeping!!

hmmm... what should I say.. After long time I haven't write something here.. Over past few weeks, I have been working as a housekeeper at Cargill's motel at George St, Dunedin, NZ. Who thought that I will do this kind of job again. It reminds me The Body Shop a lot although it is not the same kind of job. I'm pretty happy at the beginning. For me the job is very normal. I do that all the time. Tidy up bedroom, wash dishes, dusting, refiill all tea bags, coffee and sugar, clean the toilet and shower room and vacuuming.
-seriously, it is yucky toilet bowl, noyt anly the toilet bowl, sometimes i have to
wipe the wall also,, yucksssss!!! -

-I was cleaning the bath tub-

After all those seem very easy.. But after 3weeks, all those things make me feel a bit boring.. 1 huge different for me, is speed. We can spend all day cleaning our own house but here , you need to speed up. 5-7 rooms per day..phew.. It's very tiring.. And 1 advise for those who want to try, make sure you don't have any back pain history.. It can't be worse.

-Finished the shower room and toilet-

I never thought, these job can be very very very tiring.. Seriously, it is.. But, the good part is, I have pretty good team here, Very friendly and nice supervisor and most of them don't care who you are and where you come from. So , I felt really welcome in this Cargill's housekeeping team. Every morning, at 10.15 am , all of us will have morning tea. This is something that Kiwi really always have. Seems like it is compulsory for peoples here. ;) Again I'm smiling.. I remember when I was working at The Body Shop last year, some of my friends were also smoking. Same like here.. Most of them are smokers. But I don't really care.. :)

-Finished eveything ..yay!!!-

They pay me nzd 11.25 per hour. not to bad actually compare to salary in Malaysia.. hihihi.. But for me, it is not a big deal, what does matter is gaining new experience whicjh I don't think I will get it from no where else.. So far, I'm very happy working there..

p/s: all photos taken were taken by myself after finished cleaning all the rooms. hihihi.. just to show you guys what i have done... pretty good rite? Go Cargill's team!!!

Tribute to all Malaysian's housekeeper in Cargill's Motel: Syai, Iman, Syu, Izza :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Housekeeper? Quite a rare term used here in nz. Your boss must be a non-kiwi then. Coz I haven't heard of that term used here, we are normally called "cleaners" in every motel that we used to work.

yana hashim said...

hihihi.. that's what we used.. it is also true .. we are cleaners.. n my boss is real kiwi :D hihihihi.. whatever!! all same i guess .. thanx 4 u comments

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've nice blog. Quite a few men and women these days don't know whether they are acquiring appropriate salary for their profession. To be clear one can check online salary comparison websites to know what other corporations offer for the same position. For instance to compare wage of an analyst one can just type analyst salary in a salary comparison website like Whatsalary.com