:: i WaLk yOu FoLLoW, ok? ::

:: PeJaM cELiK, pEjAm CeLiK ;;

:: i post it, you click it, yeah!!! ::

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tribute to PB


Emeritus Professor Peter Bannister

People called him PB. Everyone loves him. Just want to say something short about him. To be honest, I don't really know him well. Same goes to him. But I'm very sure that, eevryone in Otago Botany Department knows him. He was one our former Head of Department and afetr retired he became free researcher. Till the last day, he was still in doing his research in the lab. All people told me that he is the God in botany. If you have anything to ask.. Go and ask PB.

I had a conversation once with him. And he asked me some questions about Malaysia and I took that chance to ask him something about my stuff. He did answer me so well. and he congratulated me after my presentation and wish me all the best for my future undertaking. Once and for all, I have really respect n admire him alot. He has been working as a botanist or I dare to say.. a very well known botanist, plant ecologist and physiologist for almost 50 years. what else I can say other than WOW!!!!

Since last year, he had been diagnosed for some diseases and th emajor one is brain cancer. And this is continuosly happened till this year.Sadly to say, yesterday 29th Feb 2008, PB passed away. Although I don't have time to know him well but I feel very sad upon his lost. We all in Botany Dept feel the biggest lost and we'll always miss him. PB will always be remembered. That is for sure... My warmest sympathy goes to his wife, Jennifer Benister ( also a great reseacher on Lichen in our dept) and to all his family members.. MAy God bless him ..

~sweetlittlesunshine~

0 comments: